fancy that...WANTED!

fancythat!
Listen!... check out this post:
http://kentonbar.blogspot.com/2010/05/painting-of-8th-wonder-of-world.html
(I've copied it below)

'I dont know if Ive mentioned this before but somewhere on the face of this godforsaken earth there exists a painting of the 8th wonder of the world painted from the bottom of the ramp looking west up toward the Pyry...it won a competition I seem to recall...I was only a kid at the time, but can remember it was painted by Jocie Burke(Suzanne and Russell Burkes' mam-they lived in Reestones Place)
This needs to join the list of 'mission impossibles'-someone to try to find Suzanne or Russell and see if they've got it!-maybe we could get a photo of it and up it on the blog?(Friends Reuinted?...facebook?...)

fancythat, do you remember this? please please please reply and let us solve one of our mission impossible's on the blog! Do you, Steven or Russell or you mam have the painting? If so please please please email/reply either to submit@thunderbirdink.com or post a comment on the blog...let us post up your mam's painting of the pyry I beg of you!

Comments

  1. ps: Suzanne:
    to copy the photo just right click on it with the mouse and choose 'save image as' and then save it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god...I new my mum would be famous one day.Now then I dont know if she still has the painting(she,s not in great health at the mo so I'll contact her tomorrow).I recall a painting named "Where have all the houses gone" but she didnt win a comp for that,but I think it may have the Pyramid in the background.If she does,nt have the painting I know she has at least a photo of it.I dont face book or anything similar, but I'll have a look at the blogspotty thingy!!!!.I'll be back in touch.I will also ask my Dad if he has any old photos of the pyry.Thanks for advice about copying the photos.P.S were you the one who likened the also iconic John Craigie to a rodent like creature? I worked for John, started on 84p per hour(with his little xmas club and yes probably sold some of those bangers..of course against my will)for 7 years and must ask this likeness to be retracted as I would liken him more to a weasel...only joking John..or am I?.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne:
    thanks for replying so prompty...I'm so excited with your positive comment!
    No I was not the one who likened Jon Cragie to a rodent-that would have been the master, El Patron...I am the ghost of mensforth, his late humble servant(It's a long story...read more posts on the blog to find out more! and...
    Look at the top of the blog and click on the links to find out more about me and the master...
    If you can get us a copy of the painting it would be absolutely brilliant-we will put it on the blog and if you can get a photo of the pyry or anything else from your dad we will be delighted to publish it on the blog!
    best wishes,
    Menforth(ghost of)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzanne:just realised you said your mam has a photo of the pyramid!!!!
    please please please let us have it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Don't be shy - let it fly

Popular posts from this blog

Kenton Bar Pyramid - The Icon of Kenton Bar Estate

kenton bar football team 1974-75

Kenton Triumphant