Ryder & Yates office staff circa 1968

Hello all,

thanks to the kindness of Ryder Architects and also Rutter Carroll we have been successful in obtaining this photo...click on the picture to see a much BIGGER picture!
the 3 geniuses who designed and built our beloved Kenton Bar Estate are all visible...
Rutter has kindly identified the staff as follows:
ryder an yates staffjpg
 
Reading left to right, D.Walton, M. Newton, Peter Yates, JD Thwaites, ML Kubick, FE Nicklin, JG Ryder, R Williams, GWD Harris, PT Green, M Ayoubkhan.

Thanks to Peter Nicklin for giving us your contact at Ryder...
Shades, Can you identify the one you remembered who showed you around now?...

Comments

  1. J D Thwaites.

    He didn't show me around as such, he just tolerated my hanging around the Site office, was happy to explain the plans to me and put up with my incessant questions. I tagged along when they did the first cascade trial and he told me what it was supposed to do (i.e. a mirror sheet effect with one pump running, only achievable with both pumps running, the system overfilled and no wind).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bugger me, that is a tiny photo. Surely they didn't send it to you that small?

    ReplyDelete
  3. alas yes, but the master(El Patron)is on the case to try to either get a bigger one sent or use his masterful skills to make it bigger-remember I was just a cook, a lowly lowly cook and have not the skills and technical know how to do this...but the master has...in the meantime we will just have to make do and mend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shades:this is a new image we upped-now you can click on it to see a much bigger picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one. It didn't bother me, I have the book. A bit rough on other visitors though...

    He could have been GWD Harris, I remember the man was a specky four eyed twat the same as me!

    I have a vague memory of him wearing light slacks & a dark blue blazer, hence the gravitation towards Thwaites. It could be a false memory though.

    Remember that was in the Spring/Summer of 1969, 41 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it how the feller is smoking a pipe. Did Ryder and Yates have anything to do with the T Dan Smith saga?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Don't be shy - let it fly

Popular posts from this blog

Kenton Bar Pyramid - The Icon of Kenton Bar Estate

Kenton Triumphant

kenton bar football team 1974-75