The grave of the pyramid



Here are 2 photos I took looking south east and due west which mark the grave of our beloved pyramid...here if one was to dig down one might find little grey tiles, the bones of our beloved pyry...as noble shades commented on his blog which partially inspired the master to create this blog:
'It was on two levels and the upper level featured a four-sided large square pyramid structure, covered in small 1” glazed grey ceramic tiles which I was informed cost a Penny each (old money). The Pyramid was probably about 18’ high and about the same square, tapering in about 6” or so at the base, forming a sort of concrete skirt, presumably so that moss didn’t creep up it from ground level.'
(http://iangrey.blogspot.com/2006/05/valley-of-kenton-bar-kings.html)
Shades I hope you do not mind me using this wonderful piece of descriptive narrative on the masters blog...anyway this photo makes me so so sad...see what they replaced her with, foul foliage and ghastly greenery...how dreadful...the school is visible in the background of one and the shops and flats in the other...but no more... I must stop here as tears are welling up in mein eyes...

Comments

  1. Ghost of Mensforth, I don't mind at all. That is my legacy blog though, the current one (& that post) is at http://iangrey.org/2006/05/05/valley-of-the-kenton-bar-kings/

    ReplyDelete
  2. a thousand thanks, and I truly think your description of the pyramid is a literary masterpiece! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Don't be shy - let it fly

Popular posts from this blog

Kenton Bar Pyramid - The Icon of Kenton Bar Estate

kenton bar football team 1974-75

Kenton Triumphant